These are flashcards my husband came up with for our girls. There are a lot of uses for them. The ones we've come up with so far:
- Cutting them apart and using them just as reading flashcards.
- Cutting them apart and sorting them into piles according to some critera, such as Who can fly?, Who eats grass?,
Who has feathers?, etc. You don't need the whole stack for this -- just pick out as many as you want to go through!
- Leaving the pages intact and using them as mini-sort pages, like above.
- Don't forget to have lots of fun coloring them! Look them up in reference books to learn what the colors really are.
- While you're looking them up, learn nifty tidbits about each animal to share with your kids. Do you know why a Fiddler Crab has one
HUGE claw and one smaller one? The small one is for eating, the big one is for fighting with other males.
Click on a link. The image will open in a new window, so there's no text on it when you print it out.
Warning: For some reason, sometimes it will print out 3 pages for each one (the card page, and two blank pages). I don't know why, and we're trying to fix it. Just so you know.
- Page 1: Bison, Frog, Shark, Tiger, Elephant, Giraffe, Kangaroo, Hippopotamus, Panda
- Page 2: Rhinoceros, Badger, Zebra, Mountain Goat, Elk, Deer, Chameleon, Black Bear, Alligator
- Page 3: Warthog, Tortoise, Tarantula, Squirrel, Snake, Monkey, Sphinx Moth, Llama, Cicada
- Page 4: Katydid, June Beetle, Toad, Cat, Chicken, Rabbit, Scorpion, Anteater, Beaver
- Page 5: Aardvark, Horse, Butterfly, Spider, Slug, Cow, Ostrich, Coyote, Flamingo
- Page 6: Ant, Antelope, Armadillo, Bat, Bumblebee, Dromedary Camel, Monarch Caterpillar, Cheetah, Chimpanzee
- Page 7: Bushbaby, Chipmunk, Cobra, Crab, Damselfly, Dolphin, Dragonfly, Bactrian Camel, Housefly
- Page 8: Red Fox, Goat, Gorilla, Grasshopper, Grizzly Bear, Hedgehog, Honeybee, Jellyfish, Ladybug
- Page 9: Lobster, Moose, Musk Ox, Octopus, Killer Whale, Pig, Platypus, Poison Arrow Frog, Polar Bear
- Page 10: Raccoon, Rat, Seal, Sea Turtle, Sheep, Shrimp, Skate, Seahorse, Starfish
- Page 11: Skunk, Skink, Snail, Walrus, Blue Whale, Blue Jay, Chickadee, Mallard, Bald Eagle
- Page 12: Emu, Canada Goose, Heron, Horned Owl, Hummingbird, Kingfisher, Loon, Pelican, Penguin
- Page 13: Pheasant, Quail, Roadrunner, Robin, Red-winged Blackbird, Seagull, Flicker, Toucan, Swan
- Page 14: Cardinal, Flying Fish, Koala, Preying Mantis, Lynx, Hammerhead Shark, Lion, Cricket, Puma
- Page 15: Weasel, Tiger Salamander, Wasp, Barn Swallow, Porcupine, Mosquito, Opossum, Ring-tailed Lemur, Raven
- Page 16: Tapir, Wildebeest, Wolf, Red-Headed Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Peacock, Kangaroo Rat, Walking Stick, Softshell Turtle
- Page 17: Squid, Puffin, Barn Owl, Prairie Dogs, Monarch, Swallowtail, Baboon, Cape Buffalo, Hyena
- Page 18: Orangutan, Sawfish, Manta Ray, Mouse, Hermit Crab, Horseshoe Crab, Macaw, Eel, Longhorn
- Page 19: Bobcat, Jackrabbit, Gila Monster, Goldfinch, Bittern, Yellow-headed Blackbird, Leech, Muskrat, Turkey
- Page 20: Nightcrawler, Bullhead, Centipede, Horned Lizard, Lyre Bird, Echidna, Kiwi, Sloth, Meadowlark
- Page 21: Peccary, Capybara, Caribou, Cockatoo, Cormorant, Turkey Vulture, Guinea Pig, Guinea Fowl, Komodo Dragon
- Page 22: Tree Frog, Tasmanian Devil, Wombat, Siamese Cat, Impala, Cucumber Beetle, Wood Duck, Whippoorwill, Black-footed Ferret
- Page 23: Yak, Snow Leopard, Rattlesnake, Sea Otter, Chinchilla, Bighorn Sheep, Parakeet, Earwig, Boa Constrictor
- Page 24: Pangolin, Mandrill, Prairie Chicken, Chipping Sparrow, Luna Moth, Snapping Turtle, Deer Fly, Black Widow Spider, Parrot
- Page 25: Yellow-Spotted Salamander, Woolly Bear Caterpillar, Bandicoot, Coatimundi, Flying Squirrel, Iguana, Kinkajou, Peregrine Falcon, Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker
- Page 26: Whale Shark, Water Buffalo, Saber-tooth Cat, Boatman Beetle, Frilled Lizard, Manatee, Meerkat, Marlin, Gibbon
- Page 27: Spider Crab, Quagga, Humpbacked Whale, Sea Urchin, Marmoset, Brahma Bull, Beluga Whale, Mongoose, Newt
- Page 28: Weaselcat, Piranha, Guppy, Nighthawk, Mourning Dove, Stag Beetle, Cuscus, Flying Frog, Snowy Owl